** Update August 10, 2020: All persons, staff and students must be fever free for 72 hours.
June 15, 2020
Dear PCOM Families-
I wanted to reach out to all of you with some preliminary guidelines and procedures for reopening our campus for fall 2020- 2021 school year. We receive updates from CDC, the Department of Social Services and County Department of Health. These updates are changing as new information is obtained from governing institution. We will continue to provide updates to all of our families throughout the summer if/when changes occur to the current guidelines.
PCOM Preschool is dedicated to constantly evaluate our practices to evolve with the most up to date information regarding COVID19. Our aim is to keep our families and staff as safe and healthy as possible. Please read thoroughly as we are asking for our entire PCOM Preschool community to assist us in maintaining the overall health of everyone.
Hours of Operation, Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures and Brightwheel Communications
- Core classroom hours will be 8:45 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lunch Bunch will NOT be offered with the current restrictions. Early Drop will be offered at 8am daily. For Early Drop off ONLY please call the preschool office when you arrive to campus and we will greet you at the foyer doors facing The Commons.
- We appreciate your promptness in picking up your child(ren) on time, so our teachers can be diligent with their new cleaning routine. We will be doing our end of the day cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing after pick up 11:30am.
- We will use 6 designated location for drop off and pick up. Room 107 and 109 will use the back-parking lot classroom doors. Room 108 will use the Marguerite parking lot playground gate, 106 will use the Oso parking lot playground gate. Room 104 will use the foyer double glass doors that face The Commons and 105 will use the foyer double glass doors next to the bathrooms. Social Distancing of 6 feet at each of these locations in required. Please use markers on ground to keep your distance. We will make alternative accommodations for inclement weather. If you need to pick up your child early from school, please call the office for instructions on how to do so.
- At your designated drop off location, you will be greeted by a smiling masked/face shielded, and gloved staff member. Upon drop off, questions will be asked regarding your symptoms pertaining to Covid -19.
- Parent temperatures will be taken at drop-off and pick-up. If the reading is 100.4 or above, your child will not be permitted to come to PCOM Preschool until the family member is symptom free without medication for 7 consecutive days.
- Child(ren) temperature(s) will be taken at drop off. If your child has a reading of 100.4 or higher, your child will not be permitted to come to PCOM Preschool until he/she is symptom free for 7 consecutive days. This adheres to siblings and all family members – if a family member is exhibiting symptoms and/or fever, then all family members must stay home.
- Staff temperatures will be taken daily upon entry: symptomatic staff members will not return until she is symptom free without medication for 7 days.
- Upon entry to the classroom, children will wash their hands with soap and water.
- Parents or caregivers will not cross the threshold at drop off or pick up. They will sign in and out using a QR code and digital signature on their phone through their Brightwheel app. Only one parent or guardian can accompany a student to the threshold for drop off and pick up. We are requesting each family be as consistent as possible with the person who will drop off and pick up the child(ren). If your child’s class is dropping off and picking up at one of the doors or gates other than their classroom, a staff member will escort your child to and from class.
- Please make sure you have downloaded the Brightwheel app. We will be using many of the features for contactless communication, newsletters, and messaging updates.
We know this will take a few extra minutes and we are asking for everyone to be on time a patience as we execute these new procedures.
Within the Classroom & Center
- Our classrooms have been unoccupied since March 13, 2020 and will remain vacant until school starts.
- Carpets and floors have been cleaned and sanitized
- All toys and equipment in classrooms have been cleaned, sanitized and
- Cancellation of Enrichment activities to reduce visitors within each center at this time.
- Tour will be conducted between 1:00pm-3:00pm or by appointment only.
- Outdoor exploration will continue with 45-minute blocks of time
- Consistent Communication: Signs posted, Brightwheel and email updates
- All snack containers need to be placed in basket at your child’s drop off location. Snack check will continue as normal. We will utilize all four tables in each classroom to enjoy snack time while social distancing.
- The drinking fountains will be closed. Water will be available through disposal cups throughout the day and staff will be in charge of pouring
- Removal of soft toys in classroom, only hard toys/surfaces will remain
- Eliminate sensory bins, community play dough, and play slime in the classrooms
- Elimination of soft toys coming from home every day
- Classroom sponsored soft animals will no longer be sent home for the week
- Weekly share items and library book guidelines will be announced in my back to school newsletter in September.
- Children will be advised and reminded to not touch faces
- Increased hand washing in the classroom. Like always upon entry and before exiting class. We will NOT use hand sanitizers.
- Bathroom use will be limited to two children at a time from the same classroom. During children’s outside time they will use their classroom bathrooms if necessary. The large outside bathroom will only be used by rooms 108 and 109 separately.
- Requesting travel information from parents on a weekly basis: The Travel Advisory lists areas of the world that are heavily affected (Level 3), which will require those who have traveled to these locations and members of their household to refrain from entering school for 14 days upon return. This applies to our children, families, and staff members. The list is being regularly updated.
- Tote bags and all personal items MUST be labeled with child’s name
- Staff members assigned to regular disinfection of high-touch areas within center including but not limited to:
- Door handles
- Cabinet handles
- Classroom door, windows
- Light switches
- Bathroom sinks
- Toilet handles
- Daily disinfecting of playground toys which will be assigned to each class and removed after rotation.
- Reduce group sizes per CDC and Department of Social Services
- At pick up and drop off, please practice social distancing and follow directional signs
- Split group activities whenever possible to keep children physically separated and distanced. This includes the playground group separation and designated toys and equipment assigned to each class.
- Increase the space between children during table top activities: including snack times/activities within the classroom
- Parent traffic to be monitored/staggered pick up and drop off
- Students are not required to wear masks. If you would like your child to wear a mask, please provide a clean mask on a daily basis for your child and have the mask on your child upon drop off.
- Staff will be following guidelines issued by governing agencies.
Face to Face Contact with Staff
- Please call the preschool office at 949.581.2910 before entering foyer if you need to drop off anything to school. Please do not cross the Welcome Wall swinging door. A Staff member will greet you at Welcome Wall to assist you with your needs.
Lesson Plans, Newsletters and Weekly Communications
- Weekly Lesson plans will be electronic
- Monthly Newsletter will be electronic
- Weekly email/Brightwheel communications will be electronic
Important Dates and Announcements
Teacher assignment post cards will be mailed out August 14, 2020
- First day of school Monday August 24, 2020 8:45am
- Early Drop starts Monday August 24, 2020 at 8:00am. Purchase block of 8 for $80.00. Let Miss Marti know you would like an invoice from Brightwheel.
- Medication appointments will be the week of August 17th. Miss Marti will send email in early August.
- In coming three-year-old home visits have been put on hold this year. We will invite our incoming three-year olds to campus for a one- on- one with their teacher in early August. Your child’s teacher will contact you via email to set up your child’s special time in early August.
- Our in person Back to School Night has been put on hold this year. With that said, I will be putting together a Back to School Night Video including a tour of campus, teacher introductions, safety protocols, and detail information regarding new procedures and guidelines. The video will be sent out on Friday August 21, 2020.
- Let’s all work together to keep our campus safe and germ free. Remember there hasn’t been one case of Covid -19 reported in an early childhood center in the United States and we plan to keep it that way!
- Campus might look a little different, there are a few new rules and lots of changes but one thing that will remain the same, your children are our number one priority and love, hope, kindness will be in abundance!